Thursday 13: Thirteen Reasons Why I Can't Go to Paris Just Yet
by Marge Coleman
1) Alex needs to get his driver's license. That means he has to practice driving using the 11-year-old family van. It's old and slow EVEN if he painted flames on it. Keep him humble.
2) I need to stay at my job and allow the routine to dominate my days from 8-3pm while my 401K grows (I hope).
3) My basement flooded. What I flushed on Friday re-surfaced on Saturday 7/23/11.
4) My dog is afraid of the thunder.
5) I cannot sell my house. For nothing.
6) I might miss the Cicada songs.
7) Where are my glasses?
8) The left knee I broke last winter ice skating needs additional rehab to appreciate the long walks I will take when I am sightseeing.
9) I drink only decaf. I need more time to learn to drink darker, thicker brews.
10) The electric bill is too high.
11) I cannot decide if I like Frenchmen with or without facial hair.
12) I get plane sick. Car sick. Escalator sick.
13) ******My husband says don't worry, Paris will wait for me. ****